EU CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
The Cyprus citizenship program offers the most simple and efficient means of obtaining EU citizenship.
It is the only direct EU citizenship program as it has absolutely no residency requirement and passports are issued in just 3 months. Investors and their families can obtain full EU rights, including the ability to live and work in any EU country practically immediately!
Become an EU citizen in just 90 days!
Benefits of Cyprus citizenship
- TIME TO CITIZENSHIP: 3 Months
- RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: None
- VISA-FREE TRAVEL: 158 Countries
- EXIT STRATEGY: 3 years
- ELIGIBILITY: All Nationalities
- FAMILY: Spouse & dependents up to age 28
- TAX CONSEQUENCES: None
- DUAL CITIZENSHIP: Permitted
The Cyprus Council of Ministers approved changes to the Cyprus Citizenship-by-Investment Programme (CIP) to increase the standards and credibility of the programme. These changes will also contribute to research and development within the country and help fund affordable housing initiatives.
While these changes are all positive news for the Cyprus CIP, they will increase the total cost to qualify for citizenship starting in May 2019.
UPDATES TO THE PROGRAMME:
- As of May 16, 2019, the new investment will start from €2.15 million unless the qualifying real estate purchase is a re-sale property in which case the minimum cost will be €2.65 million. Thus, the total new investment will start from €2.15 million unless the qualifying real estate purchase is a re-sale property in which case the minimum cost will be €2.65 million.
- Starting May 16, 2019, a mandatory donation of € 75,000 to the Foundation for Research and Innovation, as well as a mandatory donation of € 75,000 to the Cyprus Land Development Corporation, to assist with affordable housing projects.
- The processing time remains the same 6-8 months.
- The obligation to maintain the required investments for a period of at least five years from the date of naturalisation, instead of the previous 3-year period.
- Government bonds will no longer qualify an applicant for citizenship.
- The applicant must have a Schengen visa in order to apply for naturalisation.